- The Grand Prize is $500 in cash, plus a live, personal Skype video (or phone) reading from THE GOD MACHINE by the author for you and your friends, and a free autographed copy of THE GOD MACHINE.
- Second Prize is $350 in cash, or a new Kindle 2 book reader (from Amazon), plus a personal Skype video (or phone) reading and free autographed copy of THE GOD MACHINE.
- Third Prize is a free autographed copy of THE GOD MACHINE, plus a personal Skype video (or phone) reading.
- And Fourth Prize is a free autographed copy of THE GOD MACHINE.
How do you enter to win?
- Every time you blog about THE GOD MACHINE, Tweet about the book to your "followers" on Twitter, or write a review on Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com or Borders.com, you'll be entered into the drawing for the Grand Prize.
- Post one of the GOD MACHINE e-Postcards on your blog, Facebook or MySpace page and you'll be entered twice. Create a new e-Postcard based on the book and you'll be entered 5 times!
- If you read THE GOD MACHINE in your book group and have the author speak to your group via Skype online video, in person or by phone, you--and everyone else in your group--will be entered into the drawing.
- If you attend one of the author’s readings, you'll be entered into the drawing.
- And, if you put together a book trailer for THE GOD MACHINE suitable for posting on YouTube, you'll receive 10 entries into the drawing! (If you're unfamiliar with book trailers, click here for an example.)
The author will draw ONE name for the $500 Grand Prize. He will then look to see who has the most entries and--if he didn’t draw his/her name as the winner of the Grand Prize--s/he will win the Second Prize. The person with the second highest number of entries will win the Third Prize. And the person with the third highest level of entries will win the Fourth Prize.
Rules and Restrictions:
If you are going to post a review on your blog, at Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com or Borders.com, you will need to email it to the author at email@example.com 24 hours ahead of time, and provide the screen name under which the review will be posted, plus the URL of the post. (Otherwise, the author won't know whom to enter into the contest.). Similarly, if you are going to Tweet about the book to your Twitter list, you will need to email the author ahead of time so that he can see your Tweet.
You'll also need to show the author the Book Trailer or e-Postcard/Wallpaper you made in order to obtain his approval before posting it on YouTube or your blog. (Clearly, if the trailer or e-Postcard/Wallpaper is inappropriate for a general audience, you won't get the author’s approval, nor will your submission entitle you to enter the drawing.)
The contest will begin on May 1st (3 days following the release of THE GOD MACHINE on April 28th), and will run through the end of July, concluding at midnight on July 31st.
All winners will be announced in the author’s August "What's New!" post.